Functionize offers a tagging system to create a more granular organization of your test cases. Tags offer a many-to-many categorization system. (Note: where Modules offer a one-to-many categorization system). This means that many test cases can belong to many different tags and vice versa. These tags can be created and used for grouping in Orchestrations and can also be used within each project for the purposes of filtering data to get the results you are searching for within your projects/test cases.
- Select the Project.
- Go to Tags from the drop down menu. and Select
3. Add as many tags as you like using Create New Tag:
4. Click Save Tags when done.
5. All Tags created are now saved and available for assignment to a test case.
To Assign a Tag to a Test Case
- Go to the test case for which you would like to create the tag.
- Click on Categorize.
3. When the display window pops up, add a Tag where it says "add a tag" in Tags field. In this example, we have typed "smoke" and then selected the "smoke" tag from the list of tag options. Then click Submit.
4. The Tag = smoke has now been added/assigned to this test case. You can now categorize, filter and display test cases by tag and is searchable in the Tags drop down, as shown below:
Did you know you can also create multiple Tags through the Bulk Action feature under Category in the drop down menu?